Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Please pray!

Well, I know I haven't updated in awhile but a lot has gone on. Last Tues was my first appointment with my OB and everything went great. She noted that I had a subchorionic hematoma amd heard the heartbeat. It was in the 160's. She said if I had not had any bleeding by now then I probably wouldn't. What do you know, Wed. morning aroung 12:30 I start bleeding. I went back to the Dr.'s office and they said I had a ruptured blood vessel, but the baby was fine.
By Fri. evening, I quit bleeding but still have a lot of cramping that continues into Sat. Sunday morning around 1:30, I start gushing blood. I call the after hours number and luckily, Dr. B is on call. She tells me to head to the ER. We have an ultrasound and the baby looks good. Good heart rate, good movement. They go ahead and give me my Rhogam shot because I'm Rh-. Diagnosis: threatened miscarriage. We go home and schedule an appointment with Dr.B for Tues.
This morning I have another ultrasound the hematoma has grown from 3cm last Wed. to 7 cm today. A small edge of the placenta has separated ( around 5-10%) and there is still a large amount of blood in my uterus. However, the baby is fine. Good movement, good heart rate. Dr. B explains that if the bleed continues to grow, I will more than likely miscarry. I am 12 weeks 3 days and Peanut is measuring 12 weeks 5 days. Dr.B also said I could bleed for quite some time, up to 16-28 weeks.
I am on bed rest, pretty much so, until my next appointment on Monday. Please be in prayer that the hematoma will not grow anymore and that it will shrink. I know that God is totally in control and I/we totally trust in Him. I will post more as I know more.

1 comment: